Friday, July 22, 2005

4:33pm
The plane should board in a few minutes. Alex asked me last night on the train if I’d ever looked around and thought “my goodness, everyone is Japanese” or something along those lines. I never had that but found I did notice the occasional not-Asian person sticking out like a sore thumb. I can smell myself. Not in a bad stinky way but it doesn’t bode all that well. It should offer excellent defense on the bus back in Seattle. I think we’ve just established something. The moving sidewalks at Narita airport have a rather annoying buzzer if you go to get on the one going the wrong way for you. I’m sitting right by the end. However a fellow running for his flight ran onto on the wrong way and it didn’t buzz. So it can only tell what direction you’re going if you move slowly enough if my reasoning is correct. There’s a very large group of Japanese schoolgirls that appear to be in their early teens who are on this flight. Being in the same cabin as large groups tends to annoy me, so the economy upgrade seems like an even better idea. They could be in economy too, but I don’t know that there are enough seats in that section.

No comments: