Sunday, July 17, 2005

11:42am:

Himeji-jo is amazingly beautiful. Impressive like European castles I’ve seen, and Mr. Takei enjoyed pointing out the defensive aspects of the castle (trapdoors for throwing stones, hot oil, water or poop even, and tiny trap doors for shooting pistols/guns/flintlocks). It was built in the early 1600s. However, in addition to being excellently prepared for defense, it is also incredibly beautiful. I took a lot of photographs but I doubt any of them will capture it well enough. In silly news, I got such a sunburn walking around yesterday.....

Trade Money with Alex Log
Aquarium - 2,000 yen
Restaurant - 20,000 yen

Movies filmed at Himeji-jo that I should watch:
Kagemusha
Ran
and maybe The Last Samurai

Plus I’d like to re-watch Hidden Fortress if I can find it.

No comments: